Image Map

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Well, It's New Years Eve


I don't really do resolutions anymore. What's the point, right? I never, ever keep them. Instead of looking forward, I've been looking back on this year. It hasn't been sensational..and now-a-days, thanks to social media, to have anything less can sometimes make a person feel inadequate. But it has been a good year.

For one, I'm still alive! Hey-YO! That's something, right?

I'm still married to the love of my life.

All of my babies are still happy and healthy, even if they are showing their age a little.

I still have my job. It's was a little dicey this year.

I still have my adorable, cozy, love cottage. Even if the storage space is reaching max capacity.

We purchased not one, but TWO, vehicles this year.

I've finally found the perfect technique of curling my hair with the straightener.

I'm pretty excited that we are at the point in our adult lives where we can replace a water heater without charging it.

I still have fab health insurance...thankfully, since Jeremy had to have surgery this year (it was minor, although the bill would not have been).

I've grown closer to the women in my family.

I drank a beer (or part of a beer) with my husband and my sister and my cousin, after visiting the very peaceful FT. Worth Botanical Gardens.

I made my first quilt top with my brand new sewing machine my mom and Grandma bought for me.

We grew our own vegetables...which we used in our dinner salads! Fresh cherry tomatoes are the bomb.

I broke the 10,000 word mark on my novel. Who knows how long it will take me to finish it, if I ever do. But you know what, I'm ok with that.

Overall, it's been a fantastic year. And I didn't have to make and/or keep one New Year's resolution to make it so. It just was. I'm hoping for more of the same in 2016. I want to keep my family closer, hug my babies longer, sew all the things..even if I mess it up, grow more veggies, keep working on the love cottage, write more, create more, laugh more, and love more.

And, in 2016, I wish for you to find more of whatever makes you happy. Whatever lights up your world and fills up all your cracks. Be it big or small, a new start or a continuation of the same, cheap or expensive. Whatever it is that brings you the most joy...I want you to find more of that.

 
Happy New Year's!



No comments:

Post a Comment