Image Map

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

And they lived happily ever after


Hey gang, is everyone gearing up for Thanksgiving?! I hope you all have safe travels and a wonderful day with family and/or friends, with loads of delicious food (and maybe a little football thrown in). I know I'm ready for some sweet potatoes (my favorite).

Even though Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I'd like to talk about something Christmas related.

The Hallmark Channel. I love, love, love the Hallmark Channel's Christmas movies.

Stop laughing.

I am a hopeless romantic. And I love a happy ending. Two things that are satisfied with every single Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel.

My husband gives me a real hard time about this. He will be in the kitchen, where he can't even see the TV, and can successfully predict what is happening on the screen simply by the music.

"Oh, I heard that music change...I bet they are kissing, aren't they?"

Yes, they are! Now shut up and let me watch my show.

Ok so, the movies can be just a teensy bit cliché.

You have your traveling fiancés, ending up spending Christmas with someone other than their current boyfriend...but turns out to be their TRUE LOVE.

You have the pet owners who fall MADLY IN LOVE.

You have the kid's Christmas wish {which usually involves a parental figure falling in love} MAGICIALLY COMING TRUE.

You have the small business owner overcoming the big corporate takeover, it's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE {and finding love in the process...bonus points if it's the mean mugging executive from the corporation}.

I get it! They aren't very complex. There are no twists and/or turns. No cliff hanger endings. And you know what...I am good with that. Because in all the normal stress of the holidays (PLUS the added on social media stress from all the angry people out there), it's so nice to watch something that is simple, something that I don't have to think too hard about, something that is straightforward, something that makes me feel good...every.single.time.



No comments:

Post a Comment