Image Map

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

From one broken person, to all the rest


So, you may have noticed that the Starbucks Red Cup outrage has been overshadowed with the events in Paris over the weekend. Facebook has been in a tizzy and it hasn't been very pretty. It has made me very sad, very mad, very confused, very lost.

I do not have any answers to the worlds issues. We are a broken planet. Filled with broken people. I do not have any helpful suggestions for our leaders. Not that they would listen to me anyway. I don't know what to do about ISIS. Or gun control. Or the Syrian refugees. Or our homeless vets. Or suicide bombers. Or religious zealots.

What I do have is hope. Hope that we will strive to be a people of mercy, of compassion, of honor. Hope that our hearts do not grow bitter against this wounded world. Hope that we always try to look towards peace instead of jumping to war.

Paris might not want my prayers, but Paris will get my prayers anyway. Because that is what my faith calls me to do.

I will refuse to walk through my life in fear. I am unafraid, because that is what my faith calls me to be.

And I will keep my heart open. I will continue to try and love my neighbor as myself, to turn the other cheek, to love my enemy. Because that is what my faith calls me to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment