Image Map

Friday, October 10, 2014

J is for...Jealousy


Day 10. I never thought blogging would...

When I started keeping an online journal (that's what we called it before blogging was even a word) I never in a million years thought it would grow into such a huge social media outlet. Of course, when I started online journaling "social media" wasn't a thing either, so...

I never thought that I would find myself so envious of other woman' success with something I enjoy doing. That's right...I was (and am still, sometimes) jealous of other people's blogging success. I can be absolutely green that other's are getting to journal their every day lives...for a living...for money. That's what they do, that is their job.

And my job..well, let's just say I have to put pants on every day and deal with people.

So, yeah, jealous.

But, if I'm honest with myself, the reason why I could never be a professional blogger is because my life isn't interesting enough. What on earth would anyone pay me to write about? How our biggest concern is keeping ourselves stocked with kitty insulin? Or how I have spent five nights in a row with my butt planted on the couch watching my DVR'ed shows? Or how I'm feeling depressed...again. Riveting..I tell ya.

Which is why it will always be a fun little hobby and nothing more. 






Helene in Between Blogtober

No comments:

Post a Comment