I have really wanted to make my blog a priority again. It's been on the back burner for a while now. But with this great new design I have been inspired to dive back in. So, let me begin with a little 'get to know you' meme just as a refresher.
1. What part of Texas do you call home?
West Texas. We are just about in the middle of the triangle made by Interstate 20, 10, and 35. I was born here in this little town and have never lived anywhere else.
2. How long have you been blogging?
This blog just turned six but I've been "blogging" much longer than that. I was blogging before it was called blogging. I would say its been more than ten years. My first online journal was on opendiary.com.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Good question. I don't really know why I initially started journaling online. I started this blog to keep track of all my thoughts (they have to go somewhere so I don't go crazy) and to keep my friends and family up to date with things.
4. When we visit your blog, what can we expect to discover?
I blog about my every day life. I talk a lot about my husband and our love cottage and all our pets. I might talk about a funny commercial I saw or a rant about TV programming. I post about animal rescue or my inner feelings. Uh..yeah, I sort of blog about everything.
5. How did you come up with your Blog Title and what is its meaning?
I AM a girl in the real world. I am as normal as vanilla ice cream.
6. What do you love about being part of Texas Women Bloggers?
I'm not yet...officially...I just submitted my application tonight. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by participating in this link up party! I'm looking forward to being part of TWB to find other bloggers in this great state and be inspired!
7. Who inspires you to blog?
Everyone, I guess. Everything around me is a potential blog topic.
8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be?