At the beginning of the month I went on a mini-shopping spree at the Hobby Lobby. I bought the makings for a fall wreath. Grapevine wreath, a fall-ish floral spray, and some fabric remnants. I've seen so many pins on pinterest of these fabric rosettes that I had to try my hand at them.
I spent all of a Sunday on the couch with scissors and my glue gun making a dozen fabric rosettes.
Youtube.com is so great. I just did a search for fabric rosettes and found several how-to videos to get the general idea of how these cuties are made.
I stuck the floral spray into the grapevine wreath and sort of twisted it into the position I liked. I took some leftover fabric to tie the spray exactly where I wanted it. Floral wiring would have worked great..but I didn't have any. I'm a resourceful girl.
Speaking of being resourceful. I bought a sheet of fall themed scrapbook paper to cover my 'S'. I started gluing the paper on the letter just to realize the 'S' was backwards. DOH! That's why the naked 'S' up there is looking a little ragged. Instead of buying another piece of paper (a whole $.54 I saved myself) I used more of the left over fabric to wrap the 'S'.
This is what the finished product looks like on my front door. My Mom says its shabby chic.