Image Map

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Asian Chicken Noodle Bowl

I pulled this recipe out of the Muscle+Fitness magazine I bought at the grocery store. It looked good, easy, and healthy. But it did use a few things that I've never worked with before. We decided to try it last night and I have to say..I impressed myself.

Here is what you need:

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 carrots, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped ginger
1 jalapeno, diced
2 cups shredded green Savoy cabbage (couldn't find any so used Napa cabbage instead)
1 whole chicken, roasted and shredded, meat only (I used a boiled chicken breast instead)
5 cups chicken broth
4 oz. udon noodles
1 tbsp. soy sauce

chopped cilantro
lime wedges

First you heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Cook until onion is light golden brown.



Add cabbage, chicken and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.




Add noodles and soy sauce, and cook for for minutes.



Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.



Per the magazine, this is about 373 calories per serving (recipe makes 4 servings). It smelled delicious while I was cooking it, bringing Jeremy into the kitchen to investigate. It was filling without being heavy. He gave it two thumbs up.



2 comments:

  1. Aside from the cabbage (I can't eat cabbage) that sounds great! What an easy recipe! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete