Image Map

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who needs kids?

It has been the week from hell. I don't know if it's the weather or the planets or what. But it's sort of been busy and hectic and crazy. I have been on ten hour days at work all week, dealing with order that do not want to play nice. Jeremy has been a big ol' grumblin' gus all this week. I've been having horrible dreams...zombies and car wrecks into rivers.

*sigh*

I am just ready for it to be over.

Anyway, we are worn out...naturally. And while I was getting dinner ready tonight (that's right..I was making dinner) Jeremy came into the kitchen and just leaned against the counter. Now, I know I have mentioned before how great my husband's hugs are. They can cure nearly anything. So, I decided that maybe HE needs a hug. As we are standing there in the kitchen, hugging, sharing a nice..calm..silent moment, Squeak starts meowing at us. Mood interrupted.

Squeak is out humongous panther like cat. I have never known a cat to talk as much as he does. And I don't mean just meowing..our other cats do that. No, Squeak is really talking to you. There is a lot of different noises that he makes..at different volumes with different pitch. Ask anyone that knows Squeak...they all know exactly what I am talking about.

So, Squeak breaks the silence to tell us all about his day. And then Lola starts licking Jeremy's toes.

Not a moment of peace in this house.





3 comments:

  1. Maybe Squeak can tell me what Basil (my non-stop talking ginger tabby) is saying. I certainly know when he doesn't agree with my requests to stop doing something - boy does he talk back! My mother never took that stuff from me, not sure why I should... oh, wait, he's a CAT! right. Anyhow, nice to know others have verbose kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog talks to me. She definitely likes to make herself heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that cat is sooo cute! look at his paws :)

    ReplyDelete