Image Map

Friday, February 13, 2009

A perfect day..

Jeremy and I decided last month to take today off. Sometimes you just need a day off for no reason. We slept in this morning, with the covers pulled up to our ears. It was an over cast morning, perfect for sleeping in since the sun didn't come streaming in to remind us what time it was.

When we were ready to get up, we moved about the house quietly. No radio or TV. It was cool in the house, almost cold, since the sun was hidden. I decided it was a perfect time to do some yoga. The thick rug in the living room was perfect for yoga, and I enjoyed it all very much. Well, all of it except trying to relax on the floor only to open my eyes to have Lola nearly nose to nose. She did make me laugh, even though it ruined the vibe of that pose. lol.


We decided yeterday to go for a picnic today, if the weather permitted. It has been crazy windy here all week, so we weren't sure how it would go. We packed up our blanket, food, and the camera and headed out. The spot we ended up at is a public park..er..garden..thingy. It's sunken in, as to be slightly below street level, so even though we were off a major road we could not be seen from the road. The weather could not have been more perfect. It was still over cast, but warming up. And there was just a hint of a breeze. I couldn't have wished for it to be any better.


The menu was simple, everything could be eaten with our fingers..no utensils required. We had a few different flavors of hummus (the orginial is my favorite) with pita chips, red grapes, crackers, and mozzeralla with some prosciutto and basil wrapped inside. Oh, and choclate covered pretzels. After we had our fill of food, we put it all away and laid out in the sunshine.


It was so fun and very relaxing. I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos...and that you took the time for eachother. fabulous!

    Thank you for commenting on my blog today. I'd love to add you to my blogroll.

    I'd also love to hear about when you started reading my blog, and how you find me. If you care to share. :)

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete