Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2008

My imagination and a book



"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” ~ Paul Sweeney

I told me husband today that if I weren't married I think I might be the crazy lady that had a house full of books and cats....ok, and probably Lola.

As I mentioned here I have a fondness for the romance novel. Yes, they are cheesy. Yes, they are pradictable. But, I do love to read them. I can get so wrapped in a book that after I'm finished with it I sometimes have a hard time remembering if I read a book or watched a movie. As I read the book it becomes like a mini-movie playing in my head. I can see what the characters look like and the places that they go. I always think that the books I read would make good movies, but I'm sort of glad that they aren't made into movies. It would probably be a real let down compared to what I imagine in my mind.

In the past I leaned towards the highland type romance novels. But on a whim I picked up Crazy Sweet by Tara Janzen. It was the last book in a series, of course..I always seem to do that. But, I enjoyed it so much that I quickly burned through the others. And thus started my craving for 'special ops/bodyguard/ex-military' type romance novels. I shouldn't be all that surprised by this switch considering how much I enjoy movies along that same line. Die Hard? Love it! The Bourne movies? Fantastic! Those movies are very much like the romance novels...but with less sex. And that is ok too.

No comments:

Post a Comment