Image Map

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm Purple.

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it." - Alice Walker

Today's topic over at Create A Connection (link on the right hand side) is 'What Color Are You?'. I had a few colors come to mind right off, but as I read the ground rules I understood that this needed to go a little deeper than the colors I enjoy to wear.

So, I thought about several different colors and what they meant to me and how they made me feel. I went through the pinks, greens, blues, reds, yellows, and oranges. All lovely colors, many of them show up in my closet a lot, but what color am I really?

I've decided that I am Purple.

~Purple can be light and fluffy...girly, like me.
~Purple can be dark and broody...harsh, like me.
~Purple can be regal, indicating royalty...although I am not a Queen I can sometimes act like one.
~Purple can mean wisdom...I have had many people tell me I am wise beyond my years, besides that I have a lot of opinions and don't usually mind sharing them.

Personally I associate purple with loyalty...and I am very loyal to my friends and family.

What color are you?

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved that quote from The Color Purple!
    I think purple is a great color to be.

    ReplyDelete