Image Map

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie


Someone (Stacy, I'm looking at you) tagged me on this Weight Watcher recipe for a frozen chocolate peanut butter pie. She told me I should make it and review it on my blog. Who am I to say no?


What you'll need:

A graham cracker pie crust (the recipe actually had you get crumbs and use some butter and milk to make your own crust...but I am lazy)
12 tbsp. Chocolate peanut butter powder (I found mine in the protein supplement/healthy food section of the grocery store)
6 tbsp. water
1/4 cup Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese, room temp
1 Weight Watchers giant chocolate ice cream bar, melted
3 cups light whipped topping

Combine the chocolate peanut butter powder and the water. It isn't smooth, at this point, but just mix it up the best you can. Whisk together the cream cheese and the melted chocolate bar, add that to the peanut butter mixture. It should start to smooth out at this point, but there might still be some lumps. Fold in the whipped topping and pour the whole mess into the crust.

Put it in your freezer overnight or for several hours. I cut mine right out of the freezer and I had to really work at it, so you could probably let this thaw just slightly before trying to cut it to serve.

The recipe says that it's 5 SP for 1/12 of the pie. I am here to tell y'all that eating only a 1/12 piece of pie is an impossible task. So...I cut mine into eight pieces and said the heck with it.


It was worth every point. So good, so easy, and so delicious during a super hot Texas summer day.



No comments:

Post a Comment