Image Map

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Target Beauty Box #2


DDaaaaammmnnnn, Jonessa...back at it again with the Target Beauty Box.

Once again, I came home to a Target Beauty Box that I was not expecting. My girl, Jonessa, did me another solid and sent it to me. I have the best BFF ever.


This box seems geared towards skin care. There are four different kinds of moisturizer/skin creams and two facial cleansers. Not that I mind. I've been trying to get myself into a habit of cleaning and moisturizing my face in the morning and the evening. My sister brought me some Mary Kay cleanser and moisturizer that I've been using lately. 

I'm game to try it all, but something tells me you cannot turn back time {Cher knows}. My face is what it is. But I still need to take care of my skin the best that I can. So, I used the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser and Andalou Age Defying Night Repair Cream last night.

The facial cleanser comes out as a clear liquid and you have to rub it in your hands to get it to foam up. It has a slight soapy smell but nothing overwhelming. It was light and gentle on my face. I'm not a big makeup wearer so I couldn't say how effective this would be to remove all of your makeup. The repair cream came in a sample tube that distributes it like a spot treatment. So it was a little strange to try and get enough to apply all over my face and neck, as the directions advise. But it looks like the normal size comes in a pot, which makes more sense. It wasn't overly greasy and absorbed very quickly into my skin. It also had a very mild scent..almost no scent. Which was a little strange too. I guess if you are very sensitive to scents, these products would be great.

Those are the only two products I've used so far other than trying on the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Pen in Matte-r of Fact. I liked this shade much better than the red lipstick that came in my first beauty box. Again, I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't normally wear lipstick at all, but lip gloss. This is the first time I've tried on a matte lipstick. When you are used to something being a little more shiny and wet, it's a different kind of feeling. But it went on very smooth and stayed put.


I'll get around to trying everything else in the box, but two other products that I am super excited to try are the Hair Food Kiwi Dry Shampoo and L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Towelettes. I'll report back after I try them out.


1 comment:

  1. Not that you need it, but that lip color is lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete