Image Map

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Stitch Fix #1 (updated)




My Stitch Fix box finally arrived!!! I knew it was coming, since I have been creeping on the USPS tracking number. And wouldn't you know that the mailman was on his way down our street just as we were pulling out to go grocery shopping. So I had to wait until we finished doing adulty, responsible, boring stuff before getting home to open my box.


For those of you that might not know what Stitch Fix is, here is a quick run down of how this service works:

1. Fill out your style profile -  Stitch Fix asks you a bunch of questions about what sizes you wear, what styles you prefer, what your lifestyle is like, and how much money you are looking to spend. They also give you the chance to share your social media links. Having an updated STYLE board on Pinterest is very helpful.

2. Schedule your Stitch Fix for delivery - You have some flexibility on how often you get a Stitch Fix and when it will be delivered (like around a pay day?). They send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose (or around that day, mine was a day late..no big deal, just be prepared). At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment. And if you DON'T keep anything, you still pay the $20. To avoid hours in the store, I say its a small price to pay.

3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home - This is probably the best part. Y'all don't even know how many times I've stood in a dressing room for MUCH too long mentally going through my closet. With this service, you can try the pieces on with whatever you already have to make sure its right for you.

4. Buy what you like and return the rest - You have THREE days to think it over. In the meantime, you can take a lot of pictures and blog about it...and send texts to your squad for opinions. You can check out once you are signed into your account on Stitch Fix. The $20 styling fee will be applied as credit towards any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase! You can return any items you don't want in the pre-paid mailing bag that is provided and drop it at any USPS mailbox.

5. And the MOST IMPORTANT step - Provide feedback - You may not keep anything in a box. The best way to ensure that your next box is even better is to tell them what you liked and/or didn't like about each item that they sent.



Since this is my first Stitch Fix, my stylist (Hillary) told me that she pulled a variety of pieces so they can really start narrowing down my style preferences. This is where the feedback will come into play. It's up to me to communicate my likes and dislikes to my stylist, so they can adjust the styling of my boxes.

Item #1 - Dead John Finnegan Roll Cuff Short ($58) - {Kept}


Shorts and I have a love/hate relationship. West Texas summers demand that shorts be worn, but my thighs usually put up a protest. Either shorts are TOO short or the waist is too low or the leg holes are too tight or...well, you get the idea. So, it was nice to slip these shorts on and not have anything squeezing me, the length is very nice, and the waist is high enough that I don't feel like I'd show butt crack if I bent over.

Item #2 - THML Furonda Embroidered Top ($58) - (Returned)


First off, I love the pattern of this top. The detail around the collar is lovely. However, I'm not a huge fan of the neckline. I don't own a strapless bra and wouldn't want to wear one in my day to day life. My stylist suggested wearing this top with a cardigan, so I tried that out. And while wearing the top with a cardigan provided a work around for the bra business, this specific top also has an elastic drop waist. I might have been sold on the top (with a cardigan over it) if it had been a straight fit down to the hem.

Item #3 - THML Chana Embroidered Dress ($68) - {Returned}


My feelings about this dress are much like the top. Loved the detail, but the cut of the neckline is not for me. This dress was offered up by my stylist as an option as a beach cover up (In my note to my stylist I mentioned we were going to the beach on vacation). While I give my stylist two thumbs up for acknowledging my request, I felt like this dress was much too nice to take to the beach.

Item #4 - Skies are Blue Peverell Cold Shoulder Top ($54) - {Kept}


I wasn't sure about this top when I first put it on (with the boyfriend jeans). The ruffle around the top seemed a little too flouncy for me. This was the first thing I tried on, so I put it aside and tried on everything else before I was struck by inspiration. On my styling card, this top was styled with a light blue pencil skirt. While I didn't have a brightly colored pencil skirt I do have a few pairs of bright jewel toned shorts. I pulled out my hot pink Bermuda shorts and all of the sudden the top is growing on me.

Item #5 - Diba Tango Fringe Sandal ($70) - {Returned}


I love the look of these sandals. Fringe is trending right now. But I loved them less so while on my feet. I tried them on with the Dear John shorts as well as my outfit above (yes, I AM wearing my Bold Stripe Stripe top the day after I got it, don't judge me!). I'm not sure what is putting me off. Maybe the color is too dark? Maybe they have a little too much fringe? Not matter what it is, these cute sandals were not for me.

So there you have it!! It was so exciting to explore my first Stitch Fix box. Even if I didn't love all the pieces, I loved everything about the experience. And can I just say how pleased I am that nothing was too small. There wasn't a piece that I couldn't get over my head, or buttoned up, or zipped on. I was a little worried about that.

What did y'all think of all the items? Help me decide what to keep and what to send back!

And if you want to try Stitch fix, please feel free to use my referral link. I get a $25 credit when you first Stitch Fix ships.








No comments:

Post a Comment