Image Map

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

His and Hers Weekend Projects


I'm trying really hard to ignore the chaos that is the presidential race. Maybe if I ignore it, it will just go away..hhmm? Instead, I've been focusing on controlling the chaos of my own home and in my own head.

About two years ago, we remodeled the office/man cave. There were just two more things that needed to be done to finally wrap this room up. The old, old, very old rug and the floor. And the floor. This room was originally part of the kitchen. At some point, someone decided to put up a wall and make it into a very tiny room. But the floor was the still the same old linoleum that was in the kitchen. And that, my friends, is what we've been living with for all these years. Until now...

For Christmas, Jeremy brought home a new rug.


It looks pretty good. But, it made the fact that we still had ugly linoleum floors glaringly obvious. So, we finally decided to handle THAT problem.


And now the man cave is officially, officially complete.


The floating laminate floor went down pretty easy. It took Jeremy a weekend to do it by himself. While he was busy doing all of that, I was busy trying to stay out of the way. I kept myself busy with sewing a whole bunch of these burp clothes.




I know five ladies who are pregnant or who have very recently had babies. I've sent some of these to all of them. As someone who is new to sewing, I loved this project. It doesn't get any more straight forward, so it was really great practice and helped me get comfortable with my machine. Plus, if something happen to go a little off I didn't worry about it too much. These are for babies who will quickly grow out of needing them.

We have already moved on to other projects... both sewing and home remodeling. I'll be back to share all of that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment