Tuesday, October 28, 2014
5 things I'd tell my younger self
Day 27. A Letter to your Younger Self
1. You've been married for nearly 15 years. So, you were right when you kept telling people that it was FINE that you were getting married at 19. You totally knew what you were doing.
2. Sorry to have to tell you this...but you are STILL at the same job. BUT, it has given you a lot of opportunity to have a solid home, to have a great health care resume (I know that sounds like such an old lady thing to say...but trust me...health care is a pretty freakin' big deal..you'll see), and to go on some great vacations.
3. Speaking of vacations, you have traveled more than you thought you would...but less than you dreamed about. Good news is, there is still time to do more traveling! Yay!
4. The dark years get better, you grow so much as a person and you get a whole lot healthier. Those bad times are going to seem like a distance memory, you just have to keep going (and you do). I can't promise everything is hunky-dory, here in the future. There are still rough times, but you will learn some great coping techniques and learn to trust yourself. It works, it really does.
5. Your life is going to be amazing. The dreariness of every day life come sometimes get you down, but honestly, you are kicking butt. Your house is super cute, you are super cute, you have super cute pets, and your husband is sssuuupppeeer cute. Win...win...win!