Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Skincare - #2014BloggerChallenge



I am going to be straight up with y'all. I don't take very good care of my skin! I mean, I want to. I think about it. Sometimes I even buy a product or three. But it always comes back to routine. I get lazy. I forget. And those products either go to waste or last me forever because I never use them on a regular basis.

However...

For Christmas my mom gifted me with a Clarisonic Mia. It's been on my 'want' list for about a year or so. One of those many things I think about, but never quite get around to buying for myself. I desperately wanted to find a way to fit the Mia into my routine. Remember, this is the important part for me and I didn't want my gift to go unused (my mom would have been very unhappy). Luckily, this facial brush is water-tight. That means I'm able to bring it into the shower with me without ruining it..or killing myself.

So, now I keep it in the shower. It stares me in the face every morning, kind of hard to forget about it that way.

And another good thing about it is that the cleaning cycle is timed. One minute...that's it! I use my normal facial cleanser, Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser (which I still haven't been using on the regular), and just let it go for a minute while I focus on covering all parts of my face.

It's gentle. It hasn't made me break out. It makes my skin feel amazingly smooth.

I have combination dry/oily skin. So I will admit that fresh out of the shower my skin is a little more dry in some spots and a little overly oily in others, but that's all fixed by a slathering of Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer (again, needs to be more routine ANYWAY) and a super light dusting of E.L.F. Translucent Matifying Powder.

And that, my friends, is about as labor intensive as I get with my skincare.

I'm really hoping this routine sticks. My skin isn't getting any younger and I want it to look as good as it can, for as long as it can.



1 comment:

  1. Visiting from the 2014BloggerChallenge! I love simple skincare routines. Mine is pretty simple too... And kudos to you for intentionally using the gift from your mom! Pretty perfect that it's waterproof! :)

    ReplyDelete