Image Map

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Weekend With No Internets

I decided to unplug for the weekend. No computer, no phone, no kindle. Not that I really want to be disconnected all the dang time, but I didn't really care for how my fingers twitched every time my phone 'binged' at me. I felt like my phone was telling me to jump and I was always asking how high.

The computers haven't taken over....yet.....so I thought I needed a little down time, free of technology.

It was surprisingly refreshing. Although I will admit to moments of weakness, brief seconds of fighting the urge to check my phone. I resisted however and left my phone on the charger for the majority of the weekend.

What did I do instead?

Well, I read. A lot. We went to the book store and picked up a few books for the weekend {even Jeremy got in on the whole thing, although a little less strict than me}. I took Lola to the vet..the allergies are back and she is itching up a storm. We went grocery shopping together AND I went grocery shopping for my aunt (that's THREE different grocery stores I went to this weekend), we spent a little time at a local bar supporting the local rescue group I volunteer with, we hung out on our back patio, we watched TV together (with no distractions). I sometimes forget how much time Jeremy and I spend in the same house, but doing our own thing. I went to a baby shower. I vegged out on the couch.

Overall, it was nice to be able to walk out of the house without having to worry about my phone. It was nice to spend time doing something else other than staring into this screen for hours and hours. It was wonderful spending so much time with my husband. I enjoyed being in a quiet house for at least a little bit.

But I'm glad to be back online.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! I just got back from vacation and it was great to have a week away from the internet and just connect with the people I love.

    I'm loving my camera bag btw!!!! I stumbled on your blog after reading a comment on Scissors and Whisk. :)

    ReplyDelete