Image Map

Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday MashUp



Allergies

Lola is back to her normal itchy self, which is making me crazy. She is scratching, scootching, and licking like there is no tomorrow. Duke has been itching and chewing on himself too. *sigh* I just bought another bottle of dog shampoo, tea tree oil and aloe vera, and bathed them both yesterday. It didn't seem to help at all.

Countdown

45 days until we are on a plane heading for Vancouver. I'm nervous and excited. With five animals, planning to be away from the house for longer than a weekend can be a task. I worry about them, you know...because I worry about everything, all the time. But I know we are going to have the best time ever. A lot of my family will be there and we will be traveling with my sister, so I know its going to be a very memorable trip.

Resolutions

I'm slacking on my New Year's resolution. I wanted to send birthday and anniversary cards to family and friends through the entire year. I was doing so good, and this month totally hijacked everything. So, I've missed a few occasions. Hopefully I can redeem myself and get back on track for the rest of the year.


Holidays

I'm hoping to have both of my besties in town for the 4th of July {which is right before we head off to Vancouver}. It would really be the perfect beginning to the month. I've been thinking about Christmas already. I want to simplify this year, more joy..less stress. I think I'm on the right track, so I can't wait for the holiday season to get here.

Today, more than most days, I'm glad that these are the only things I really have to think about or worry about. This country isn't perfect, far from it, but its still pretty great. And I'm thankful to all our military, past and present and future, who dedicate themselves to this imperfect, wonderful, maddening, ever growing, ever changing country.



3 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about leaving the animals at home for an extended period of time. I always always worry, even though half the time I only have to leave the cats.
    I also totally fell off the wagon in terms of sending out cards. I am sending my Mom's mother's day card tomorrow, and also my sister's graduation card and gift from 3 weeks ago. Eek! I really need to get better!
    Love your blog! :D
    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours looks fun, I'll follow :)
    As for holidays...We planned our Christmas and Thanksgiving plans in February, haha. I'm glad there's someone else out there who does that too, because the rest of our family thought we were crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you talked to your vet about using benadryl. We use it with our pup and it helps him a lot. Dogs have allergies too. Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete