Image Map

Sunday, October 2, 2011

When did this happen?


During the first several years of our marriage we did not watch sports on TV. No sports...of any kind. We just never were very into it. Jeremy didn't grow up in a house with football on the TV all day Sunday. I grew up in a house full of girls...we didn't watch football ever.

And then something happened.

Fantasy football happened.

My uncle has run the family league since the beginning. About four years ago Jeremy decided to play. Next thing I know Jeremy is glued to the TV every Sunday...Monday....sometimes Thursday. All of a sudden he has favorite players.

I still wasn't all that into it. It was just background noise.

And then something happened.

I started playing fantasy football too!

Now, we spend our Sundays in the living room watching football all day long. We talk about our fantasy teams and players. Jeremy has to explain to me what being offsides means....again. I'm yelling at the TV. I have favorite players.

Even though I'm new to this whole football fandom..I'm starting to understand a person's unfailing loyalty to their favorite team. I'm a Cowboys fan, all the way. I love one team, but hate no team. I won't talk smack about my Boys, but I won't talk smack about other teams either. Other people might like to do that..I'm not one of them. I am a fan. Of the game. And it IS just a game.

Games are suppose to be for fun. And I'm having a blast!



1 comment:

  1. I like to talk smack... in football AND Monopoly. :)

    ReplyDelete