Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday +

Play Along Here!!

1. Nothing says fall like cold evenings, sunshine with a cool breeze, pumpkin spice, scarves and long sleeves.

2. My favorite autumnal tradition is  buying a cinnamon broom...which we haven't done yet. It use to be going to the pumpkin patch to buy a boat load of pumpkins but as the years go on, I find myself less and less interested in buying a whole bunch of pumpkins for my front porch. I'd much rather have my house smell like fall.

3. My favorite fall treat is my husbands chili. For real, y'all...his chili is out of this world good and he only makes it when the weather calls for it.

4. Fall makes me think of  football because I think of all the high school football games I went to {not to actually watch the game..I knew NOTHING about football} while wrapped up in sweatshirts and blankets.

5. Autumn free form word association, go!    pretty dried leaves, carved pumpkins, tall boots, leggings, pea coats, cinnamon and spice, pine cones, fleece blankets, crock pot meals, hot chocolate.

6. My go-to outfit in the fall is    nearly the same as the rest of the year. You see, I live in West Texas so it rarely gets cold enough to require a major wardrobe change. There are more long sleeves and I pull out my pea coat {which I love..its lined in purple satin} and scarves.
7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving) Thanksgiving. Halloween is just such a minor holiday for us since we don't have kids and no one brings their kids door to door trick-or-treating anymore.  I do love Thanksgiving and getting together with family and eating my Grandpa's fried turkey and my Aunt Kathy's chocolate pie or my Mother-in-laws sweet potatoes. Dang, now I'm hungry.

My cute Halloween wallpaper on my phone. Makes me smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment