Image Map

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Check yourself, before you wreck yourself


Right now, as I sit here writing this blog, my jeans are feeling snug around my tummy. I can't allow myself to put the blinders on and pretend like I don't notice. I can't allow myself to shrug it off, or make excuses.

I've been double dipping at dinner. Going back to my old way of eating. Grabbing seconds without deciding if I was really still hungry. I've been indulging in a lot of sweet treats. I've been letting my boredom manage my stomach.

I've been slacking off at the gym. We went yesterday but I didn't fully extend myself. I got off the elliptical machine early, I cut rep sets in half. It was just an all over, half-assed, cop out to make myself feel less guilty.

I don't want to become complacent. I don't want to become over-indulgent. I do not want to move backward...only forward.



1 comment:

  1. You've already taken a BIG step by recognizing your problem and accepting responsibility! I fully believe you will move forward in the direction you want to go!

    ReplyDelete