Image Map

Friday, April 22, 2011

Eh, it's clean enough.

You know, I can totally appreciate a spotless house. I can appreciate it in a 'holy crap, how in the world do they keep their house so freakin' clean' type of way. I can appreciate the time and effort it requires to be on constant alert to any dust, dirt, spots, and stains. I know some people vacuum their house every.single.day.

But, secretly, I love when I come across a missed hair on the bathroom vanity or an overlooked bit of dust in a corner. It's almost like I can breath a little easier in a home that is fully lived in. And it makes me feel normal. Because let me tell you, if you come to visit me you are probably going to find a stray hair on my bathroom floor, or a dust bunny roaming across the hardwood, a smudge or two on my walls. Basically, I live in a compact house with one other human and five other furry creatures...and, well, we ALL shed. I'd have to quit my day job to keep up with the cleaning this house would require to always keep it spic-and-span. So, we vacuum..we dust..we wash. But I don't scrub my baseboards....there, I said it! And, please, for the love of everything good, don't look too closely at my ceiling fans.

So, if spotless makes your heart pitter-patter, probably shouldn't come visit us. But, if you don't mind a little animal hair come on by..we give every guest some animal hair to take home with them as a parting gift. No outfit is really complete without it.



No comments:

Post a Comment