Image Map

Monday, January 17, 2011

Spicy French Dip Sammies

This is a recipe from my family cookbook, contributed by my cousin Chrissy. We've made it a few times and it is dee-licious every single time. My Mom even gave it her stamp of approval and she is the pickiest eater I know.

So, I'm going to share it with y'all..cause I'm nice like that.

What you'll need:

ONE - boneless beef sirloin tip roast (ours was 1.12 lbs and made enough for about three sammies)

ONE - package of Italian dressing mix

HALF - cup of water

Diced jalapenos..to taste...I took about a 1/4 cup of jarred diced jalapenos. I chopped them up even more and removed what seeds I could.

Hoagie rolls

Swiss Cheese slices (or whatever cheese you like)

Ok...so get your slow cooker out and plug it in. Take the roast and cut it in half and throw it in there. Then in a small bowl, combine the Italian dressing mix (all of it), water, and diced jalapenos. Mix it up real good and toss it in the crock. Slap the lid on and let that baby go for about 8 hours on low (about half way, I poked in there and turned the roast).

Then when its nice and tender, take out the roast and shred it. After the slow cooking it should just fall apart.

Slice your hoagie rolls down the top (like a hot dog bun) and spread them open. I even cut out some of the bread in mine to make more room. Take a slice of swiss and tear in half, lay at the bottom of your hoagie and then pile up the roast on top.

You can skim the fat off the juice in the crock and use it as a dipping 'sauce' for your sammies if you like. It's very tasty.

Y'all have to try it! It is too easy and too yummy not to.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good. I'm glad you didn't post a picture or I might have licked the screen.

    ReplyDelete