Image Map

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Run

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass. ~Martin Mull

So, it seems I'm doing what all other people do when they have lost a little weight but don't want to be (or are unable to be) stuck in a gym. They run...I run. My cousin friend, that's right..she was my friend before we realized we were distantly related, has been naggin...er, I mean, ENCOURAGING me to run (I'm kidding, Jocie!). At first she was suggesting half-triathlons. And I would laugh because I thought she was joking..and then I would realize that she wasn't. I felt that might be a little too advanced for me considering I can't even run 1/2 mile straight, I've never swam more than a lap of a pool, and I cannot remember the last time I was on a bike. Finally, she gave up that pipe dream and suggested something more manageable. The Warrior Dash in March. It's a 5k..with obstacles and mud. Again, I was apprehensive. BUT, I gave myself a very stern talking to about putting on my big girl panties and told Jocie that I would do it.

Thus began my Couch to 5k training. I mentioned that I really can't run for even 1/2 mile straight, right? After day one of the training I realized I could barely run for 60 seconds straight. I'm glad that I have never been chased or had to run for my life..because then I wouldn't be here, dear readers, blogging you this blog. I would be dead, either from the threat that made me run to begin with..or from the running itself.

My co-workers have heard me talking about the C25k program. So, now I'm getting the stories..you know, you've heard them too, about the 'runners high' that you are suppose to get. I'm still waiting for it. Not sure if it will ever happen for me. At this point, I don't think we will be making the Warrior Dash (this year). But, I haven't stopped training. I could, but I haven't. Every run sort of sucks, but I do it anyway. And I have to admit, sometimes...just sometimes I feel a little tickle, a little itch inside..to run. It's crazy, and I don't understand it because I still don't like to run. But I do it anyway...I run.



No comments:

Post a Comment