Image Map

Monday, October 11, 2010

YAY for new makeup!


Have you ever heard of E.L.F Cosmetics? I've seen ELF mentioned a time or two on some of the message boards I like to visit. I even went to their website and checked out what they had to offer. They have a very decent selection of inexpensive cosmetics and tools. And I will be honest, the price ('are you kidding me' cheap) made me a little leery. I mean, I had always thought you get what you pay for (which always seemed to mean 'an arm and a leg'). So I never tried them out until now.

I decided to order Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Day 2 Night, Essentials Brightening Eye Liner in Black, Essentials Hypershine Gloss in Blossom, Complexion Perfection, Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan, and Shine Eraser sheets. That is six things and WITH shipping it cost me less than $15.00. No, I am not kidding. But the real question is, are the products worth it? How do they stand up to other, more expensive cosmetic brands? Well, let me tell you.

The eyeshadow is a four color quad. There is a cream color, a dark purple color, a dark green color, and a taupe color. I will say that the colors on the website don't match exactly, but I can also say that the colors look much better in person. The pigmentation is very rich so a little goes a long way. I used a combo of these colors at my best friends wedding and it all stayed put and didn't fade all night. For only $1.00, you read that right...just a buck, you can't go wrong with the eyeshadow.

The eyeliner is the same. Black is black, but it did go on very easily. No tearing of the eyelid, its very creamy in texture so it blends very well for that smoky eye look. AND, it comes with a sharpener. Another steal at just $1.00.

The lip gloss is a nice soft pink color. It's still a little sticky as far as lip gloss goes, but I've never run across one that ISN'T sticky..no matter if they advertise to the contrary. It does last and it smells good. Can you guess how much it costs? $1.00, that's right. Are you seeing a trend here?

The Complexion Perfection compact is suppose to help even out your skin tone and absorb oil. In the reviews some people mentioned that it made their faces too pale or left a white powder on the face, but I didn't have a problem with that. I'm not sure if I can say it evens out my skin tone but it does make my face feel very smooth. And, the whole absorbing oil thing? Oh yeah, baby! I would buy this again for that quality alone. You see, I'm a very oily girl. It's the bane of my cosmetic existence. But this product certainly helps keep it to a dull shine (hardy har). This baby is actually $3.00, but worth every penny.

I don't know what to make of the bronzing powder. It's the first time I've used a product like that, even though I see that it's been the latest rage for a while. It probably has more to do with my inexperience with that type of makeup then the product itself. There isn't anything wrong with it really besides the fact that I can't tell a difference when I put it on. Maybe that's the point? Maybe I'm not wearing enough? *shrug* Who knows? At only $1.00, even if I don't end up using it very often it's still easy on my wallet.

And finally, the Shine Eraser sheets. There are 50 sheets in a little cardboard envelope. I LOVE these things. Between these and the Complexion Perfection compact I have finally stopped blinding people with my shine. Ha ha..ok, maybe that's a little dramatic. But honestly, it's how I felt sometimes. So, I carry these little babies in my purse so they are with me where ever I go. Another very worthy expense of only $1.00.

Overall, I was more than pleased with my purchase. The price CANNOT be beat and, surprise, the products actually perform just as good as other cosmetics that cost five times as much (if not more). I'm already planning my next purchase...can't run out of those Shine Eraser sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment