Image Map

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Sound Track of My Life

Music is what life sounds like. ~Eric Olson

One night, a few weeks ago, Jeremy had a friend over for a football draft and after it was done they moved to the living room to watch Metalocalypse. It was later in the evening, so I had already gone to bed although I could hear them out in the living room. I remembered something I wanted to tell Jeremy so I called him back to the bedroom. And when he got back there the first question was 'Is the TV too loud?'. The reason I called him didn't have anything to do with the noise level, which I reassured him of.

When he went back to the living room and I laid back down I had to smile. It was nice of him to ask if I was being bothered but at the same time I wanted to remind him of who I was married to. Heavy metal has always been in the background of our life together. It's been there during the countless hours we spent in his room while we were dating, playing in the car where ever we go, cranked up at the house on the weekends, on repeat while Jeremy tries to perfect a riff.

So, it doesn't bother me. Actually, it soothes me. It brings back wonderful memories, it makes me feel at home, it lets me know that I just have to reach out and Jeremy is going to be right there.



No comments:

Post a Comment