Image Map

Monday, May 10, 2010

Something old and something new

Do y'all ever watch that show on TLC 'Say Yes to the Dress'? Me too. I am all for trying on really beautiful dresses and feeling all girly and princess-y. BUT, I would never ever drop $11,000 on a wedding dress..or $7000...OR $5000. That's just crazy talk.

My wedding dress was a small piece in my very large day. It was not, by any stretch of the imagination, the MOST important decision I made about my wedding. When I decided to say 'I do', when I decided to love and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, through the good times and the bad, until DEATH do us part...now that, THAT was the most important decision I made that day.

So, even though I still think my wedding dress was and is beautiful I don't have any real attachment to it. It served its purpose for me and now it's just a beautiful dress sitting in a large box in the back of a closet. To me it's worse to let the dress just sit there, than it is for me to sell it for someone else to wear. But...it's now ten years old. Who is going to buy a ten year old dress? I don't know. And, now-a-days, everyone seems real concerned with the 'designer'. I'm not sure there is even a tag in my dress to say who might have made it. It's just a pretty wedding dress..nothing designer about it. Actually, if I took it to a tailor and had it made STRAPLESS..then it might look designer..or at least trendy.





No comments:

Post a Comment