Image Map

Sunday, December 13, 2009

My New Little Red Dress

SSSooo, I've been thinking about New Year's, and parties, and New Year's party dresses. I decided that I wanted something super sexy and 'look at me'. And definitely something that I would have never worn a year ago.

I started my search online. I don't really like buying clothes online, especially now when I waffle between some sizes. But looking online is a good way to start narrowing down my ideas of what I want to go to the store and look at. I knew that I didn't want a black dress. At first, I was looking at gold or silver dresses. But, guess what, there aren't many gold and silver dresses out there. Red seemed to be a good compromise. Still pretty bold, and there are a lot of dresses to choose from.

At first, I had my eye on this Calvin Kline red one shoulder dress:

When I went to the mall to take a real life look at it, they only had two..a size 10 and 12. I was a little leery of either one of those fitting me, but I was willing to try them on. I was with my Mom who is a bargain shopper. She frowned at the price of the dress and encouraged me to try another dress that was very similar but a little cheaper.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did the size 12 Calvin Kline dress fit, but it was too big. So I put on the 10 and it fit like a glove. But, as it turns out, I liked the other dress that my Mom picked out better. lol. I sent two pics of me in each dress to my sister and she agreed. The second dress got a thumbs up from everyone so I bought it.


Now, I'm debating having the flowers removed. What do y'all think? I'll probably have it hemmed to be about my knees...because it isn't right now..but nothing ever is with my short self. lol.

And I did not know that DSW had a website until this morning. My wallet is weeping. But I think I found the shoes I want to wear with my new dress and they are even on sale right now:

3 comments: