Thursday, August 20, 2009

Someone stop that truck that ran over me!

It's official. I'm old.

My husband went to a friends house on Sunday night for a fantasy football draft. He left the house at 8:00 and didn't get home until 1:45. I didn't care that he was out late. I mean, to count the times I've stayed out late (later than 1:45) and compare them to him..well, let's just say he is behind. Anyway, not a big deal to me. I was in bed and flipping through the channels, trying to wind down. At about 12:30 I turned the TV off and tried to go to sleep. Tried being the key word. I tossed and turned and stared at the ceiling for an hour and 45 minutes. I could NOT go to sleep. And that pissed me off. There was no reason why I should be laying there at 1:00 in the morning staring at my ceiling. I was tired! Why couldn't I sleep? Once Jeremy got him I did doze off, but I kept waking up every hour or so. It just wasn't a good night.

And then early Tuesday morning (or very late Monday night) one of our cats decided to throw up...multiple times. Jeremy got up each and every time to find the mess and clean it up. Again, sleep interrupted for both of us.

Last night was ok, I slept hard all night long. But, I am STILL tired. Besides the lack of sleep this week has kicked my ass. There hasn't been a lot of work, but I've had some really hard cases to take care of. Things that have required a lot of phone calls to different people and a lot of paperwork (so to speak, everything is on the computer). And this morning, when Jeremy dropped me off at work, everyone was outside. The fire alarm had gone off. So there I stood, SLEEPY, in HEELS, trying to sip my coffee. We were finally allowed back in side just to have to walk out again two hours later due to ANOTHER fire alarm. No, I'm not kidding. And just about the time I walked all the way outside, they told us we could all go back inside. *groan*

Oh, and THEN, my internet was not working yesterday afternoon. I tried unplugging my modem and letting it re-set, TWICE. I re-booted the computer. All that stuff. And then I called tech support *double groan*. I was on the phone for probably 30 minutes with a very nice foreign girl who was very obviously reading from a script. After I jumped through her hoops she informed me that my modem (which our internet provider sent to us when we got the service) wasn't communicating with our computer. And look at that, it's out of warranty but for only $9.99 per month they could set us up with an extended warranty. Um, why would I want to buy a monthly warranty for a piece of equipment that isn't mine? I passed on their 'generous' offer. And she let me off the line with a good day. Well, that fixed exactly NOTHING. We unhooked the modem (for the third time), shut off the computer, and went to run some errands. When we came home, Jeremy hooked everything back up and TA-DA everything magically works again (although things have been moving a BIT sluggish). Not sure if its our computer (I don't think it is..Jeremy has run every virus scan, ad-ware scan, and general computer scrubber that we have and nothing) but if the issues don't work themselves out we might be shopping around for a new internet provider or modem or maybe BOTH.

I'm PMS'ing in a bad way..slightly emotional, eating everything in sight, breaking out like a 15-year old.

I just want to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, and sleep for a week.

Where is the restart button for my LIFE?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate those kinds of weeks! I'm so sorry! I'm sure things will get back to normal soon - PMS usually makes everything feel about 100x worse. At least it does for me. LOL :)

    (PS This is "Jey Rey")