Image Map

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weekend Fun

I never posted about our weekend on the boat. First off, I have to mention that the combination of my husband, me, and my mom in traffic is not a lot of fun. Two people that sort of, kind of know where we are going and one other person has NO clue where we are going and he is driving. Makes a lot of sense, huh? Anyway, we got to where we were going so that's all that matters.

And as soon as we got to where we were going, Jeremy and I jumped right back in the car to go meet my friend, Jennifer, for dinner. It was time for us..well ME..it was time for ME to meet the new gentleman friend. He had to get the Jinny stamp of approval. lol. We ended up at the Blue Goose. That's right..I'm a glutton for punishment. Don't know what I'm talking about? You can read all about it here. The Goose did not defeat me this time, however. We had a very good time. A lot of fun, good company, great food.








The next day we made a four vehicle caravan up the interstate to Lake Texoma. You know, my aunt has suggested we come up for a weekend before to stay on the boat. She said we could go and spend the weekend even without them, although that would mean we couldn't take the boat out on the lake. I never quite understood why we would want to stay on a boat that we couldn't take out. But, I get it now. The docks are like floating towns. So we loaded up the boat and headed out. I have to say that it was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a really long time. Mostly because I didn't have to worry about anything. I didn't have to worry about where we were going, or what we were going to eat or drink. The boat sleeps eight people, so if you got tired you could even go and take a nap. It was great!





And then to wrap up the lovely weekend we got a speeding ticket on the way home. DOH!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend... minus the ticket! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks so much fun. Awesome boat :)

    ReplyDelete