Image Map

Monday, May 11, 2009

A girl's weekend

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

I hauled myself off to the metroplex to spend a weekend with my girlfriend, Jennifer. I hate driving in Texas..it takes forever to get anywhere..lol. Anyway, there wasn't anything important planned for the weekend. She and I just wanted to spend some time together.

Friday night she took me to the Blue Goose and we planted ourselves at the bar. We both ordered a margarita on the rocks. And she tells the guy behind the bar, 'Don't kill me, Mike'. Hm? What? She explains that he makes his margaritas super strong. *lifted eyebrow* Really. Well, he can kill me all he wants. And he did. Jennifer TRIED to warn me, I just didn't listen. I don't know how many Mike G. margarita's I had...too dang many. I was feeling pretty good until I got back to her house. It was one of those 'everything was great until I laid down' situations. Yeah, the journey was MUCH more fun then the destination. I'm so glad that someone took pictures BEFORE I was totally blitzed.

Saturday, I woke up with an aching head. Big surprise, right? I spent the first half of the day sucking down water and coffee and aspirin trying to get my head back in the game. I was on a ride-a-long with a single mother. We went here and there and everywhere. I asked her later if her weekends were ALWAYS like this and she was like 'uh, yeah...pretty much'. It amazes me. She took me to this place called Charming Charlies and as I walked in I swear I had died and gone to heaven..the angels were singing and they sounded a lot like Britney Spears. Charming Charlies was a dangerous, wonderful place that had everything a girl needed..shoes, clothing, bags, hair accessories, and jewelry..lots and lots of jewelry. Everything was arranged by color..blues, greens, reds, purples, oranges. *sigh* It was the best. I behaved myself and ONLY bought a wallet, two necklaces, a bracelet, and a shirt. I had to put things back! It was hard. I also ended up getting a pair of carpi's and two shirts at Old Navy. All in all, a very successful shopping day.

By the time we had to be at the baseball field (her son, Jeremy, was playing) it was in the low 60's, windy and rainy. Perfect! We froze our toes off because we were both wearing flip flops. It was the longest hour and a half of my life! And we didn't win..boo. But the coach of the other team was nice to look at..very cute..until he started yelling at his kids on the field. *sigh* I don't know WHY he had to go and ruin it for us, because they were winning. Why so serious? I mean, really. We ended the evening by watching Bride Wars. Cute movie but ridiculous..of course. I have to say it was better than Transporter 3, which we watched before the baseball game. The only good thing about THAT movie was a shirtless Jason Statham.

I really had a good time, but we always have a good time when we get together. She amazes me with her strength and determination. No matter how hard it is, or how slow the recovery might be, she always gets up and dusts herself off. I admire that and I hope that if she ever needs a little help getting back up that I'll be around to offer a hand.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Hope y'all get to do that again soon!

    <3 Charming Charlies by the way! You're stronger than I am, putting some of your stuff back. ha!

    ReplyDelete