Image Map

Monday, June 23, 2008

Let It Go


"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." ~ Author Unknown

I heard on the radio today that it was national 'let it go' day. It's probably not really national 'let it go' day, but I'll roll with it anways. The DJ's all went around and told the others what they thought they needed to 'let go'. Some where personal, a lot were on the silly side, and a few were about bits from the radio show.

It had me thinking about what I might need to let go of. I asked Jeremy what he thought I might need to let go of, but he couldn't think of a single thing. A lot of good he is. He's been sick today, so I'll let him off the hook....this time. Actually, it's been hard for me to think of things that I could/should let go of. I try to keep my life drama free and fairly simple, so at this point there isn't much that I hang on to.

I guess I could let go of the fact that I will probably never be the same size I was in high school. I mean, it could happen...OK, OK..I'm letting it go.

Trying to figure out why other people do what they do, especially if what they are doing is totally stupid...letting it go.

The fact that my Dad couldn't handle the pressure, not even for us...letting it go.

The possibilty that we might not ever have kids...I'm trying to let it go.

Feeling like there is something wrong with the fact that my idea of God cannot be labeled as any known organized religion...letting it go.

Shew! Ok, I'm sure there are more. Smaller things that I could let go of. But for now, I'll work of those doozies. So, tell me....what do you need to let go of?

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to let go of the fact that I may never have children...

    That the dreams I had 3yrs ago arn't going to happen anymore...

    That I am sick....

    Anyways, as for not being the size you were in high school, you can do it. It just takes a lot of work. And I mean a lot >.<

    ReplyDelete