Image Map

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Coming to you from my plastic bubble



In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, soundness of health is impossible. ~Cicero

What a week, y'all! I've been sick since last weekend. It hit me like a freight train on Saturday night and hasn't let up until today.

I'd say it was a sinus cold, but I'm no doctor. There was a fever, a headache, lots of pressure in my head, coughing, nose blowing, sore throat. I missed work Monday and Tuesday. I went back on Wednesday thinking I was getting over the crude, and I did ok all day with drugs and tissues.

But then I woke up on Thursday and my left eye was crusted shut. What the heck?! Out of left field I got pink eye. Never in my adult life have I had pink eye. I did go to work for a little bit, and I'm sure my co-workers thought I was being very anit-social. I just didn't want anyone getting any where near me. Finally, after two hours, I left and got myself to the doctor. She wrote me a perscription for eye drops and told me NOT to go to work. So, I was off most of Thursday and Friday as well.

So, here I am today..with two red eyes (oh yeah, the doctor said she wouldn't be surprised if it 'jumped' to my other eye..not as bad as the left one, but still), I have a horrible cough and a runny nose. My hands are chapped from washing them so much, I'm a little paranoid about spreading the pink eye to my husband. Most people would appriacate the down time from work, usually I am one of those people. But this has not been an enjoyable week for me. I'm ready to feel better and just get back to living.

1 comment:

  1. Blah! Hope you're feeling better. Pink eye = no fun. Just waiting for the boys to get it for the first time. Blah!

    ReplyDelete