Image Map

Friday, April 25, 2008

101/#28 - Greet everyone for one full day



"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


I did this task one day last week..or maybe it was the start of this week. My weeks sometimes blend together. Anyway, I made an effort to smile and say 'hello' to everyone that I happened to make eye contact with. A lot of times I'll look away if I'm coming up on passing someone in the hallway. I don't know why. It's not that I'm unfriendly..it's just...well, I don't know what it is. Maybe a touch of shyness? I've always had an issue with eye contact. It went very well. I had a lot of short conversations with people that I wouldn't normally speak to. It felt good to look someone in the eye and smile.

There was only one person who I did pass and still did not make eye contact with. It's a supervisor that works in my center, not my supervisor. We'll call her LR. LR is like a bulldog......covered in cactus needles. A lot of bark and very prickly.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jinny. I found your blog through your myspace (found your myspace through Brent's) and have enjoyed reading your posts. I started a blog for our family - constructiongal.blogspot.com. By the way you've been tagged (see my last post on our blog)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome challenge! WTG in completing it & getting a lot out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good description of lr. it will be hard to not growl when i see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading a few years back how women when approaching each other in a hallway they tend to move farther apart, men tend to move closer to each other and oposite sexes usually stay their course.

    Why would I rememeber that? Some things just stick in our heads forever I guess.

    I like how you shared that very human moment of averting your eyes. And congrats on smiling! I'm going to make a point to try that all week and see the results.

    Thanks,
    Jannie (Passionate Blogger)

    ReplyDelete