Image Map

Sunday, May 25, 2014

What is this wet stuff falling from the sky?

So, it's been raining.

Doesn't really seem like a big deal to most of y'all, I'm sure. But around here that is all anyone has been able to talk about for months. Water. And how we are running out of it. We haven't had a solid rain in months and months. Burn bans have been in place along with very strict watering restrictions.

But for the last two days it has been raining. Non-stop.

The end of our street on Friday evening.

Catching the rain, also Friday evening.
Our backyard today.
I can't knock the rain, since we need it so badly, but it has kept us home bound for the weekend. There isn't anything, short of a hospital visit, that would warrant driving around in flooded streets. So, we've been keeping ourselves busy inside.

That 'S' has been up there for years and years.
Finally getting around to putting up more letters.
Love it!
As always, I'd like to say that even though I don't usually agree with the politics of war and I could never enlist, I am forever thankful for those that can and do and have served our country. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment