Image Map

Sunday, March 2, 2014

What I did this weekend


I'm sorry that a weekend wrap up post is all I can manage for y'all lately! Life has been hectic with the addition of our first ever foster dog. She is learning all about crate training and going potty outside and NOT growling at the cats. It's been..crazy and exhausting. But I know it will be worth it in the end to see her find her forever home.

Precious loves sitting in laps.
On top of that, my sister came for a visit this weekend. And she brought her dog along, as usual. So that made two cats, three humans, and four dogs (one who is still learning that people and cats and dogs and the outside are all ok) in our little love cottage for the weekend. We made it work, but I'm really, really sleepy.

My sisters dog, Lula, in the shirt I bought her.
  We, the three humans..I mean, tried out the new burger place in town. It was good, but nothing like the Sunset Grill (which is closed..and I'm still not over it). Last night, my mom came over and my sister made us all pizza. She was going to try a "clean" recipe, but that didn't quite work out so she ended up making normal pizza. We didn't tell my mom that it wasn't "clean" until she was already eating it. She is a bit of a picky eater..lol. We watched Dallas Buyers Club while we had dinner. It was good, not the type of movie I normally go for, but I can see what people are talking about it.

Seester makin' tha pizza.
Yeah..this was my weekend.
Today Jeremy has been working on the hallway. The weather was beautiful all weekend and a yucky cold front moved in over night. So, I've been practicing my couch potato routine all day..watching a marathon of Flashpoint (thank you, Netflix) and taking Miss Precious out for her bathroom breaks. And Jeremy has been playing Mr. Handy man. I can't wait until it's all finished.

It's always the prep work that gets ya.
New runners for the hallway.
Oh..and my seester brought me a present. A new mug to add to my ever growing collection (actually, one seems to break right before another comes into my life). It's too pretty to put away so it's currently displayed on the kitchen counter.

Kinda looks like my new rugs.

Maybe this week I will be able to find the time to tell y'all about how my sister and I got a lost dog back to it's owner. It was pretty unbelievable how it all went down. I hope y'all had a great weekend!!! Until next time....



1 comment:

  1. That is what I call my seestor too :). I love that you are fostering. Wish we could but we are afraid of what our cat would. Terrible disposition. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete