Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy 6th birthday, Lola Girl!

 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner
 

 
Tomorrow you will be six years old. Before your mom had even delivered her litter, and I was just talking about a little pug named Lola, I didn't have a clue what it was going to mean to bring you into our home.

From the very start, you refused to be separated from us. When we tried to crate you in a room other than ours, you would cry and cry and cry. Putting you in your crate got a lot easier for both of us when we moved you into our bedroom.


Even though you brought a lot of laughter into the house, I can't say it was always easy raising you from a new born puppy. Oye, the potty training! And the chewing..you chewed on everything. Thank goodness you were so cute.

I really didn't know it could be this way between a person and a dog. When I brought you home, it was like God sent you to me to feel a part of my heart that was empty. From the first moment you have been my constant shadow.
 
Thank you for making me laugh. For healing my heart. For letting me cry into your fur. For always giving me kisses. For being my stinker-winker.
 
 

Happy birthday, Lola. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment