I'm linking up with some other great bloggers for Texas Tuesday!
I've lived in Texas all my life. I'm a proud Texan and I don't feel bad giving people a hard time because they AREN'T from Texas. Ask my in-laws..who grew up in PA..but have lived here for just about as long as I have..and yet they will always be Yankees to me.
There is just something special about being from Texas. Everyone knows of Texas...we are just that great.
So, here is a down and dirty guide to living in Texas:
1. Tortilla sounds like tore-tee-a not tore-till-a.
2. Jalapeno poppers are not the same thing as stuffed jalapenos.
3. "Fixin' to" is used..a lot..get use to it.
4. So is "ya'll".
5. People wave to each other when they pass on the road. No..we don't know each other.
6. It's polite to pull onto the shoulder of the road to let someone pass if there is no passing lane.
7. Chili does not go on hot dogs.
8. Potato salad is made with yellow mustard.
9. You must remove the husk before eating the tamale.
10. There are a lot of cows. And horses. And sheep. And goats.
11. It takes forever to get anywhere.
12. But there are a lot of places to go and things to see.
13. It's not really hot until it breaks 100.
14. Any kind of water falling from the sky is the main topic of conversation for a week...at least.
15. Horny toads are real.
16. We don't all listen to country music, or ride horses, or wear cowboy boots.
There y'all (see there!) have it. A quick guide to some of the more important points of living in Texas. I'm sure I missed some so tell me...
What do Y'ALL think are some important facts about living in Texas?