Image Map

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Musings

I'd like to think that being selfish is just in everyone's nature. But I know people, people that give all the time..people that rarely take for themselves. And this makes me realize that it isn't in everyone's nature to be selfish, but it is in mine. Over the last few years I have found myself retreating to the mindset of 'I don't do for those that don't do for me'. I don't like it. I want to change it. Because being a nice person, a giving person shouldn't be based on what other people do for you.

This does not mean I want to be a doormat.

I just want to be nice.

I want to do things for others because I can. And not with any thought about what they will do for me.

This will take more thought and effort on my part. I'm lazy on top of being selfish. This will take me letting go of my self-righteous concepts of what is and isn't fair.

I want to give.

Because I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment