Image Map

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Homemade Fashion


Forever and a day ago I came across this adorable dress on Pinterest.


So, of course, I clicked on the little link to find out how I might purchase this dress and found this blog post. Turns out the dress is handmade. Now I don't sew {other than rice pillows for homeless kitties} bbbuuutttt my mother-in-law does. I shared the link with her and we both agreed that this was a project that she could do.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I finally made it to the fabric store, for pillow making fabric initially..but why not pick up some fabric for my dress while I was there, right?

And THIS is the result:


It shrunk just a bit after I washed it {that's my fault, should have washed the fabric before even giving it to my mother-in-law} but I'm still in love with it. My mother-in-law rocks! I'm already thinking I need another one.




2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I like it better than the inspiration look. The print looks amazing on you! Way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete