Image Map

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day Three: Your Neighborhood


I've lived in the same neighborhood for nearly my entire life. Just about every day I drive by both my elementary schools..which happen to be across the street from each other..one private, the other public. I drive by the church I grew up in. I drive by my grandparents street, which is just around the corner from the church. I drive by several of the streets I've lived on before. I drive by my Mom's house. Nearly ever day, I walk past my old junior high and the football stadium I spent many a Friday evenings at growing up. They are both right across the street from where I work. And where I work is two blocks over from my very own street.  I live right down the road from the bowling alley, also a very popular hang out when I was a teenager.

You get the picture.

I've lived my entire life in about a 20 block radius. But I don't mind it. It's comforting to me.  I've had people stop me on the street to ask for directions and I love that I can tell them, without hesitation, how to get where they want to go.

I know this neighborhood.

And it knows me, throwing old memories at me at every turn.



No comments:

Post a Comment