Image Map

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I may be a fan

So, I've trying out all sorts of classes at the gym since the new year started. I have some good work out buddies who keep me company in the classes and keep me accountable. I've been doing very well at meeting my three times a week goal I set for myself.

One of the classes that I tried for the first time this year is BodyCombat. Some of you who go to a gym regularly may be familiar with the Les Mills classes. Anyway, BodyCombat is a 'fiercely energetic program..inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai'. Yes I totally copied right from their website (go check it out). I am the first to admit that it sounds intimidating. But, it such a great class. And every time I take it I fall in love with it a little more.

Last night was the launch of the new series (they rotate the workout every three months). The room was packed and none of us knew what we were doing but it was still so fun. I walked out of the studio drenched with sweat with a huge smile on my face and I told Jeremy, 'Feel me!'. I know, what husband WOULDN'T want to feel up on their sweaty wife? As we drove home I was talking about the class and Jeremy was nodding politely, all while giving me the sideways 'Are you ok?' look. That's when I realized that I was sort of RAVING about the class...like a crazy person. So I stopped mid-sentence and said, more rationally, 'Uh, so I kind of like the class. Can you tell?'.



1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats exercising without feeling like you are exercising! I tried out a class a while back and . . . unfortunately I happened to join weeks after the steps had already been introduced. I am still somewhat traumatized, but am hoping to brave another group class again. This ones sounds super fun!

    Blessings,
    Cara
    thislittlelight516.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete