Monday, January 16, 2012
A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. ~William Arthur Ward
I have been trying to make a conscious effort this year to be happy; to think positive; to be thankful. I have a tendency to worry too much; to get very anxious; to become melancholy.
The facts are:
* I have a great life
* My home is cute, cozy, and safe
* I'm good at my job, it provides us with a comfortable living and out of this world insurance
* I have wonderful pets that are healthy and happy
* We have lots and lots of nice things
* I am married to my best friend who thinks I hung the moon
* I love my family and they love me
* We are healthy and getting more so all the time
* I am able to, more so now than ever before, stay connected to the people that matter most to me
I am blessed. So, when the dishwasher starts to leak, I will be thankful that I even have a dishwasher. And when some extra feature on our seven year old SUV goes out (like the seat warmer), I will be thankful that we still have a well running vehicle. Or if I have to deal with some rude person at work, I will smile and be thankful that I have a job to go to and that I am getting paid to deal with their nonsense.
I will smile more. I will say that my day is going GREAT more. I will keep my snarky opinion to myself, unless I think it might really make a difference (which it usually doesn't). I will tell myself that it will all work out more (because it usually does). And if I have to, I'll fake it until I make it.