Image Map

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm thankful for my In-laws


I know many, many people have in-law issues. I hear the stories all the time. But I've been very blessed with wonderful in-laws. They raised my husband to be the man that he is...a very good man. They have accepted me from day one. They didn't blink an eye when Jeremy and I got engaged just months after dating. They didn't flinch when we decided to move in together. That doesn't mean that they didn't have concerns. I'm sure they did. But they gave us the room to make our own decisions.

Over the years, I have seen the best and worst sides of my husbands family. And they have seen my good and bad as well. We don't always see eye to eye on certain things. We may not fully understand what the other is feeling or going through. Our opinions might not always match up (this doesn't always stop me from voicing mine {i.e. I'm a big mouth}...much to my mother-in-laws chagrin). But, my in-laws have always expressed their love and acceptance of me. They have always welcomed me into their home with a hug.

I couldn't imagine having different in-laws. They make me proud to be part of their family.



No comments:

Post a Comment