Image Map

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am thankful for my health


I just registered for my first 5k event.
It's "virtual"..you can do it too. Check it out here. If you do decide to do it let me know!

I'll be honest. I don't really like to run. I don't run. I mean, I have run. But I have never experienced that runner's high people keep talking about. I haven't ever been able to get lost in my thoughts during a run {I'm too busy trying to breath}. I have never "hit my stride" or whatever magical thing that runners are able to do. Ask my sister. Me running is not pretty..at all. It's a bunch of flopping limbs and wheezing.

Anyway.

None of that matters.

This is for a great cause. So I'm gonna' try my best.

But this isn't really about how much I like or don't like to run. This is about how a few short years ago I would have never...ever...EVER entertained the idea of running...unless it was after the ice cream truck.
I would have never considered even walking for three miles. Walking around the corner to get home after work use to wind me. I'm not even kidding. It's so sad, I kind of wish I WAS kidding. I still get a little thrill at the knowledge that if I really WANTED to run for three miles I know that my body, this body I have right now, could do it.

I'll never take that for granted again.


No comments:

Post a Comment