Image Map

Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's In My Make-up Bag?

Jennifer over at First Comes Love gave us a tour of her make-up bag and asked what we had in ours.

This is my make-up bag. I don't think it was made to be a make-up bag but it serves the purpose.


Here is the inside. A little cluttered and disorganized. That's how I like it. You'll find a little bit of everything in there. The brands are all different, ranging in price. I don't really have any loyalty to a brand, only loyalty to what works for me.


My tools of the trade. One year for Christmas my sister and I exchanged gift cards to Sephora and I invested in a nice set of make-up brushes. I also use toilet paper, sponges, and Q-tips...not nearly as fancy.


This is all my "foundation". I use all of this sparingly. I don't like caked on make-up, so I use most of it to just balance out my skin.


Eyeshadow is where I have the most fun. You can see the colors I gravitate towards. Beiges, browns, purples, greys, silvers, whites, creams. I do have a black eyeliner pencil, but I don't use it very often. If I need to line my eyes I just use eyeshadow.


I don't wear lipstick. It's only gloss for me. I usually layer some combo of these three.


I stick with the mascara in the pink tube, that's my go-to mascara. I did get a little sample of two different mascaras in a clinque bag so I use that sometimes to, but once its gone or no good I'll be right back with my pink tubed mascara.


I add a little shimmer to my cheekbones as a very last touch. It's my make-up "trick".


I don't wear any of the stuff above on a daily basis. Did you see my 'This Is Me' picture? That REALLY is me on a normal day. But what I DO use on a daily basis is Aveeno Positively Radiant (in the shower, every morning) and a moisturizer (before I walk out of the bathroom, every morning). Because really, you can cover up your skin with make-up but in the end you have to take care of the canvas.




1 comment:

  1. I'm the same with make up.
    I use vichy cleaner and moisturizer each day, but on a normal day for work, I don't both putting on any make up.
    On fancy days it's concealer, brown shadow and mascara and that's about it. To be honest, I think my skin is better for not using so much make up.

    ReplyDelete