Image Map

Monday, May 24, 2010

My 30th Birthday


My 30th birthday is coming up in a few months. I don't usually make a real big deal about my birthdays. I like to have some cake, get a few cards in the mail, maybe go out for dinner. That's it. But for some reason I really, really want to do something special for my 30th birthday. I've been thinking about it and I've had a really hard time deciding on any one thing sssoooo I stopped thinking about it all. Besides, some of the fun is gone when you have to plan it yourself.

So today my husband sends me a text message.

Him: Is there anything that you really, really want to do for your birthday?
Me: I have lots of things I'd like to do.
Him: Well here's the thing. I want to plan something for you, but I'm not very good at this stuff. I don't want to disappoint so I need a starting point.


I'm thinking about it. I'm trying to think of the best way to direct him without giving him just ONE path. That would take all the surprise out of it.

Him: Nothing? You're not going to give me anything?
Me: I had to think about it. I want..to have fun, be with the people that I love. If that's here..or at the beach..or on a lake..doesn't really matter.


What I do know is that I don't want to JUST go out to dinner for this birthday. I don't really care if I'm on the beach or in my backyard, I just want it to be special and memorable. I want to be surrounded by family and friends. I want to eat, drink, dance, and laugh. I want to start this next chapter of my life with a bang.



No comments:

Post a Comment