Image Map

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Shopping Sunday

I swear, y'all. I don't know what's come over me. I have the fever...fashion fever. In the last two weeks I have bought, not one, but TWO fashion magazines. I'm calling my BFF and sister on the phone while shopping to ask them for their advice. I'm eyeing a piece of clothing and wondering if I can make it transition into fall. I can't help it! It's just been so long since I could walk into a department store and find things that fit, cute fashionable things.

So, today I went to Catos. This isn't a store that I usually shop at (however, after today that might change) but I received a giftcard for my birthday. Oh my goodness. I found a ton of stuff. And most of it was on sale. Here is my loot.

Please don't look at my messed up hairdo. My hair was on strike today.

First off, a cute plaid tunic. It's ruched at the waist to keep it cinched in, which I like. I could add a belt to it..so I'll have to keep an eye out for one. And those are my new SKINNY jeans that I bought on Friday. I have flats on and I think it looks cute, but I could also throw on some heels or a wedge and it would work.


This is my business type outfit. I have a simple grey shirt that has puffed sleeves that I bought at Old Navy that I think would look good with these carpi's also. I seriously need a pair of black wedge sandals or flats. All I have are towering heels or flip flops. And although the heels work, something a little more comfortable would be nice. Any suggestions?


And my two favorite buys. My NEW little black dress and my purse (which my sister helped me pick out per a phone consultation). I feel like a million bucks in this dress. And it was on sale for only $9.99! I also got the cute headband with the black flower today as well.


Seriously, my cute hair has taken the day off. Geez! Ha ha. But that's ok. This is me, crappy ass hair and all. OH..I also got a pair of earrings and a necklace. They aren't in any of my pictures. And I got all of this for under $100. I'd say it was quite a successful shopping trip.

2 comments:

  1. I love it all, but especially that black dress. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering, if you got the plaid shirt taken up, just a bit, so that the bottom doesn't fall below the crotch of the pants, would it make your body look longer? Just saw that tip on "What Not to Wear"!! See what ya think.

    ReplyDelete