Image Map

Sunday, June 28, 2009

What Feeds Your Soul?

A friend recently asked this question. I had to stop and think for a minute because I wanted to answer her truthfully. At first I wanted to say music. But, I had to be honest with myself. I love music, but it doesn't feed my soul. However, here are a few things that DO feed my soul.

1. Warmth. I don't mean 'heat'. There is a difference, especially here in West Texas. I enjoy spending time on my patio, which is covered so I'm not in direct sunlight (now THAT'S heat). It helps improve my mood to be just be in the warmth. I have also found that spending time in my hammock in the evening when the sun is setting makes me very happy...calm almost. I love nothing more than snuggling under a big blanket in the winter. I love coffee or hot chocolate. Wrapping my hands around a warm mug brings a smile to my face.

2. Laughter. Belly Laughs. Laughing so hard I can't breath! Laughter clears out all the bad energy. I always feel lighter after a good laugh.

3. Faith. I know there might be some people that wonder if I have any faith at all. I don't really claim to be part of any organized religion. I don't go to church. But, I do have a deep rooted sense of belief. I believe in God. Beyond that is when things start getting murky. But I try not to let it get complicated. I know God is good, forgiving, understanding, loving. I know God is in everything, I know he is grace. I know God watches over me and I know that he has a good sense of humor. It makes me happy to believe in my God.

4. My husbands hugs. I swear that man could cure a person with his hugs.

5. Banana Pancakes, but ONLY if my Momma makes them. I can't explain the good vibes I get from eating my Momma's banana pancakes. It's such a good feeling, a wonderful hum in my body.

What feeds your soul? What makes you smile big? What drives out the clouds? What brings in the good juju? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment